Losing or misplacing an Aadhaar card is a real pain area as these days the Government has made it the most important document of personal identification. You can get the duplicate copy of your Aadhaar card using the below mentioned steps:
1. Visit the UID homepage on https://resident.uidai.gov.in/find-uid-eid
2. Under the option “You want to receive your lost:” choose either “Aadhaar No (UID)” OR “Enrolment No (EID)”.
3. Punch in your full name, email address, registered contact Number
4. This would be followed by the security code as mentioned there and then hit “Get OTP” button. You will receive
One Time Password on your authorized email address or mobile number.
5. Enter this OTP in the designated area and click “Verify”
6. You would now get a message with your Aadhaar number or the Enrollment ID as chosen by you in step 2
7. Now to download the electronic copy of your Aadhaar card you can go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
8. Under “I Have” select either of the options – “Enrollment Id” OR “Aadhaar”
9. Punch in the Aadhaar number or Enrollment Id, followed by full name, Pin Code, security text and your contact number
10. Hit “Get OTP” and you will receive it on your email address or mobile number.
11. Punch in the OTP in the “Enter OTP” area and then “Validate and Download”.
12. You can now download the e-aadhaar card copy. Punch in the first four digit of your name and the birth year to open the PDF document.
13. You can now take a print out of your Aadhaar Card and this can also be legally used as per the Government.